Terms & Conditions
Please be aware that we strictly abide by the GMC and RCN’s latest guidance. All patients requesting injectables must be over 18(but usually we do not treat anyone with injectables under the age of 21) and not be pregnant or breastfeeding. A complete medical history will be taken before any treatment is performed and all patients should have informed written consent prior to being treated.
Cancellations / Refunds
If you decide to cancel an appointment that you have booked in a further appointment will require a £50 non refundable deposit.
We are able to reschedule appointments provided we are given at least 5 days notice before the treatment date. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07960991384 to rearrange your appointment. All new appointments will be subject to availability.
If a patient fails to attend their allocated appointment or wishes to cancel a booking, payment is retained by the company and no refunds will be issued.
Patients Complaints / Reviews
- In the event of a possible adverse reaction to a product following treatment please contact us asap – Dr Leon or nurse Laura will then contact you as a matter of urgency
- If you have a query regarding asymmetry then please contact us with photographs. If a review/correction is required, an appointment will be booked for you. At this appointment, we will review your before and after photos, your treatment record, and the outcome of your treatment to decide what action is required.
- If required, we endeavour to offer all review appointments within 14 days of your request. Please note that once confirmed, we do not offer patients the opportunity to reschedule review appointments.
- All review appointments for facial anti-wrinkling injections must be requested between 14 and 21 days following the initial treatment. Any requests falling outside this time frame would be treated as new treatments and would need to be booked and paid for in the normal way.
- If a correction or additional treatment is required then this will be offered. If the outcome of the treatment is satisfactory and is a case of more product required for the individual patient then a charge will be made for the additional product.